The exquisite Croatian island of Hvar has several towns and lots of beautiful sites. Hvar town is one of the most popular places for tourists to visit while in Croatia. Come see why everyone is buzzing about Hvar and add these ten things to do to your Croatian vacation list. Here are ten things to do in Hvar town.
- Walk around the stone old town where you can find shops selling jewelry, charming boutiques and lots of art.
- Rent a scooter from Rapidus so that you can drive to some out of town beaches and to the top of the fortress above the town.
- Take a taxi boat to Carpe Diem beach club and dance the night away. Typically, the nightclub is open all night long. Make sure to check their hours due and what restrictions they are enforcing.
- Take the tale of Hvar City Tour, available every day from 8am to 8pm. The city tour and treasure hunt will spice up adventure lover’s vacation. Contact for more information.
- Visit the Historic Hvar Theatre, the price is 30 Kuna for the theatre, or get a combined ticket which includes the Theatre, fortress and loggia with clock tower for 80 Kuna. Their working hours are 10am to 8pm.
- Saint Stephen’s Church working hours are 9am- 12pm, then they open from 5pm to 7pm.
- Hvar Heritage Museum open from 10am-1pm
- The Fortress which has a museum and amazing panoramic photo opportunities. The price is 50 Kuna, but children under 7 are free. 7-16 year old’s are 50% off making their ticket 25 Kuna. Remember to get that combined ticket for 80 Kuna if you plan to see the other sites.
- Loggia with Clock Tower, buy a combined ticket, or visit for 30 Kuna per person.
- Franciscan Monastery for a beautiful location and check out the lace the nuns make, it’s really amazing. their working hours are 9-3pm, then 5-7pm, but they are closed on Sundays. The price is 35 Kuna per person.
These are just ten things to do, but you can find so many more if you plan to stay for a few days, or a week there is plenty to do in Hvar. The amazing island has even more to offer with other towns like Stari Grad and Jelsa. Read more about Hvar Ultimate Guide to Hvar. For an amazing hotel experience read about Palace Elisabeth.
Subscribe for more Croatian travel, have a lovely day.